Good morning! Its been a couple days since the Stampin’ Up! retiring accessory list was released and I’ve been seeing lots of confusion and misinformation out there and so I wanted to take a minute to try to clear some things up for you. Also, scroll down to see an update on what has sold out!
1. The colors aren’t changing! You may have noticed that all of the classic ink pads are on the retirement list. This is because Stampin’ Up! is changing the physical pad to use a new “firm foam” pad to allow for better inking of your stamps. They are also updating some of the printing on the pad cases and including labels for the ends of your ink pads so you can easily see what color you are grabbing. So, the current pads are retiring but the ink will still be there in June, with the exception of the 2010-2012 In Colors.
2. Use your current ink refills! With the ink pad changes, some folks are wondering about ink refills. With the exception of 5 colors that had to be reformulated for the new pads (Basic Black, Basic Grey, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise), current ink refills will work with the new pads. Similarly, the ink refills that will be sold in June will work with the current pads. Its just those 5 colors that you need to use old refills with old pads and new refills with new pads.
3. Yes, Craft ink is going away! With the exception of Basic Black and Whisper White, all of the craft ink pads and refills will be retiring. The ink refills are selling out quickly, so if this is something you are interested, I would grab yours right away.
4. Textured cardstock is discountinued. It is true that the 12×12 textured cardstock collections are all being retired and will only be available in smooth cardstock in the future.
5. 12×12 cardstock is mostly moving collection packs only. 25 of the 40 individual packs of 12×12 smooth cardstock is retiring and will only be available in family collection packs. (So you can still get it, just not in single color packs.)
6. Markers are mostly moving to collection packs only. Like the 12×12 cardstock, most of the Stampin’ Write markers are changing to be sold in family collections and the large Many Marvelous Markers pack. All of the colors will be available, but most won’t be available individually.
7. Anything you see on the retiring accessory list with an asterisk ‘*’ means it will be available in some form in the new catalog, just in a different form factor or tool/packaging collection. So, items like the paper piercing tool, scrub pad, etc aren’t going away for good but we aren’t sure what they will look like until we can see the new catalog.
Also, if you haven’t placed your order for retiring accessories, I would recommend doing it sooner rather than later. I’ve been surprised how fast some items are selling out!
As of this morning, here are some of the items that have sold out already:
* Blushing Bride 8.5×11 Cardstock
* Classic Ink Refills – Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride
* Craft Ink Refills – Brights collection, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Regals collection, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
* Stampin’ Write Markers – Rose Red, Perfect Plum
* River Rock 12×12 cardstock
* Post 12”x12” Page Protectors
* Gold brads
* Silver brads
* Wheels: Standard Wheel Storage box, Jumbo Wheel Storage box, Jumbo Textured Wheel
* Dotto adhesive runner
* Stampin’ Scrub refill pads
* Circle Scissor Plus Replacement Blades
* Big Shot Dies: Pillow Box Bigz die, Snowflake Sizzlits, Flower Daisies #2
So, check out the lists and contact me via email at email@example.com or visit my online store to order your wishlist before more items sell out!
Retiring Stamps | Retiring Accessories | Retiring Décor Elements
To Order Stampin’ Up! Products Anytime, click here!
Are you earning your Northwest Stamper Rewards? Every order gets you closer to your FREE stamp set! Click here to learn more!