Thank you so much for joining us for our January Stylin’ Stampin’ Squad Blog Hop! Love is in the air and our talented group of design team members have a Whole Lotta Love Goin’ On as we are excited to be sharing some NEW Occasions Catalog goodies and some Valentine’s Day projects with you this month!
As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers!
You should have just left stop number 15 on the Stylin’ Stampin’ Squad blog hop – the fabulous Annie Lee. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn’t work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.
So, for the blog hop today, I started and stopped on at least 2 different projects and designs. Normally that wouldn’t be a bad thing, but with all the crunching to get ready for Leadership, it meant a little last minute creating.
Thankfully the first project I have to share I was able to get done early!
A “Wheely” Cool Valentine Card
I recently got this Love You More Valentine’s Day stamp set and just love this globe image. But the part that I really thought was fun with this card was the red flowers on the right side of the card front.
Know what it is?
Yup, a WHEEL STAMP! Betsy’s Bloom is the name. It’s been ages since I pulled them out, but they sure do make a striking background for your card sometime using exactly the color you want.
Add a bit of ribbon for a finishing touch (and to cover up if you rolled your wheel a little less than exactly straight, ha ha! )
Send a Valentine Treat this Year
I had one more idea that I wanted to create to share today. It was an idea in my head that I didn’t have time to complete it before heading to the airport so I punched out a few shapes, grabbed some paper, ink, and stamps… and headed to Houston.
Turns out, I got to my hotel and set out to create the idea in my head and I discovered that I left my paper trimmer at home. Oops! So, check out the ideas and don’t mind the not quite perfect cuts since I had to make due with my little paper snips for all the paper in the project other than the red Chevrons (Chevron punch) and the Heart (lg Full Heart Punch)!
The idea for this project is a little treat you can send or give to a special someone. It’s another stamp set from the Love You More set again… I was inspired by the arrow images and thought I would turn a small Hershey bar into it’s own love arrow!
If you want to make your own, all you need to do is:
- Wrap a chocolate bar with a patterned paper from the Fresh Prints designer paper stack in the new Occasions catalog and adhered the arrow images from the stamp set for my central point.
- Stamp the same arrow w/ sentiment (“straight to my heart”) on a strip of Whisper White cardstock.
- Adhere a thin strip of Soft Suede cardstock (approx 3/8” strip) across the middle of your stamped image.
- Punch out a set of chevron pieces from Real Red using the Chevron punch and a heart from Real Red using the Heart punch.
- Adhere the Whisper White strip to a piece of Soft Suede cardstock for matting.
- Adhere the wrapped chocolate over the center of the arrow so that it covers all but the “Straight to the Heart” sentiment.
So I hope you enjoyed my projects today and check out more great projects on the hop using the links below.
Blog Hop Participants:
- Anastasia R. of Stampin’ Blondie
- Cynthia R. of Ink-a-Doodle Creations
- Dawn S. of Dawn’s Creative Chalet
- Kathy P of Katrina P’s Creative Corner
- Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
- Diana E. of Stampin’ Fun with Diana
- Darla R. & Nancy K. of Stampin With Darla and Sisters
- Jamie H. of Unique Ink
- Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
- Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
- Darcy J. of DJ’s Stampin’ Place
- Bree R. of Craft-Somnia
- Kristina M. of Mama’s Sanity
- Annie L. of Love Me Cards
- Jennifer B. of NW Stamper <— YOU ARE HERE
- Tonya B. of Stampin’ with Tonya
- Heidi B. of Stuck on Stampin‘
Interested in updates from Leadership 2014?
I’ll be spending the next few days in Houston, TX getting filled with new project ideas and updates from Stampin’ Up! I’ll be trying to share what I can via my Facebook page and then coming back in the evening and sharing a summary of what I saw.
So enjoy all the inspiration today and stop back by tomorrow to see what’s happening in good ol’ Texas!