Tonight was another fun technique night with my meetup group and we spent the night creating three different “fancy fold” cards. Specifically, we made a Joy Fold card, a Gate Fold card, and an Easel card. Here is the first card we created –
This is a Joy Fold card. That means, instead of the typical folded in half card, you use two pieces of card stock to create your fold. Here is what it looks like when open:
This is actually a very easy card to create. Here are the dimensions to create this card yourself:
- Cut your base cardstock (in my card it is Poppy Parade) 4 1/4” x 8 1/2”. Score at 5 1/2”.
- Cut one piece of DSP at 4” x 5 1/4” (the Greenhouse Gala blue flower paper above)
- Cut a second piece of DSP at 4” x 2 3/4” (the Greenhouse Gala green flower paper above)
- Cut your inner cardstock piece at 3” x 8” (I used Daffodil Delight). Score at 4”.
- Adhere your DSP, then position the base cardstock piece in the center of your large DSP.
- Decorate your inner cardstock as you wish. We stamped the ala carte So Many Thanks stamp on a piece of Whisper White paper and then sponged the edge with Daffodil Delight.
- Use a punched or cut element to hold down the corner of your inner cardstock on the outside flap. I used dimensionals on the heart from the Heart to Heart punch out to make a pocket for the corner of the cardstock to fit into.
These are fun cards to create and gives you a chance to be creative as you play with color combinations of cardstock and different designer paper patterns. What are your favorite combinations?